When you’re up late watching a movie or spending time with friends, a midnight snack is all but inevitable. But you don’t have to eat junk food – there are plenty of easy and healthy late night snacks you can cook up as a tasty alternative. Whether you’re preparing a snack for one or for the whole family, these late night snacks are sure to leave you satisfied.
Here are a few of our favorite tried and true late-night snacks:
- Bananas and peanut butter – Simply slice up a banana and toss it on a cracker with a dollop of peanut butter and you’ll be ready to go!
- Greek yogurt with fruit – Another great choice for those with a sweet-tooth, Greek yogurt is renowned for its health benefits, adding strawberries or blueberries will take this snack to the next level.
- Dark Chocolate – Of course, there are times when chocolate is a must, and a piece of dark chocolate is a guilt-free choice. Dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate, and is more filling in small quantities.
- Oatmeal – Microwaveable oatmeal can be topped with whatever ingredients you desire, making it a versatile snack that everyone can enjoy.
- Chips and Guacamole – Guacamole doesn’t require any cooking whatsoever: simply gather your ingredients and smash away. It’s also delicious and avocados are well-known as a “super food.”
Next time you’re craving food in the middle of the night, try these delicious – and healthy – late night snacks. They’re sure to satisfy, helping you feel fresh and energized when you wake up the next day.